The Moller Family – Missionaries to Africa
The Moller Family are missionaries in Africa; due to the sensitivity of their missional setting, they have asked that we don’t disclose their exact whereabouts.
Their latest newsletter follows:
At last, after months of rain, it appears as though we are entering the dry season. For us this is the time when we can once more venture into the villages and start our ministry again for the year. Up until the time of harvest, the villagers are sleeping in their fields to protect them from wild animals. This is not to say that we have been idyll during the rains, rather we have been catching up with paperwork and maintenance.
In the past months, the Lord has really pressed on us the need to intercede for these people and therefore you’ll note that this newsy letter takes to form of prayers and praises so that you will know how you can pray for us. But more than that, the other missionaries on the field have also felt this need and have committed this year to prayer. We are trying to raise churches from our home country and across the world who will commit a week of 2013 to pray for these people. If your church is interested in joining us in this venture, please let us know and you will be given prayer requests and when they arise, answers to those prayers. We would really love to get as many churches joining this venture as possible. Please let us know if you are interested.
• This year our children really seem to be struggling with ill health. As one starts feeling better, the next one gets ill. Please pray that this cycle will be stopped as it is leaving us all feeling exhausted.
• Home educating is always a daunting task. Pray that we will be wise in this endeavour. Some days are really rough and others are so positive. Pray that we will cover all the work well and that the result will be well rounded children.
• Pray for the children that they may make special friends among expats and locals alike.
Pray that Keith and I will be wise stewards of our time and resources. And be more disciplined in taking family time.
• Pray for those that have made a commitment to be Followers of Isa that they may grow in their faith and be bold about what they believe. Pray for those that are close to the believers that they may also become hungry for the Word of God and start asking questions.
• Pray for our seekers that as we walk the road with them, that they may have their questions answered and their hunger quenched.
• Pray for the other missionaries in our community. Many are facing hard times at present, Pray for wisdom and rest for those that need it.
• A huge prayer request at present is for some paperwork that we are waiting on from government for the past 2 years, to be completed and returned. This is causing a delay to many parts of the project. Please pray this through!
• During the rainy season, we have been investing in the lives of our workers on the base. We have been having bible studies with them and have seen hunger and questions coming out of lively discussions. Praise God!
• The harvest this year may not be excellent but it is good. We praise God for his faithfulness.
• Our intern, Andrew, has been helping out with the Moller children’s schooling. This has come at a perfect time making him indispensible. We will miss him when he leaves in June.
• Keith has at last got his own office where he can retreat to and work undisturbed. An answer to one of his prayers.
• A new year of ministry with a new year of opportunities! We can’t wait to get into the villagers once more!
Many blessings to you in your various ministries. May you know the joy of God in your lives.
As we journey together…